Friday 22 February 2013

First day, new experiences.

I just want to share my experiences during my first time working behind the counter of an awesome fish and chips shop at Jimboomba.

I went in early, because I can't help but not be nervous and excited at the same time. The nerves meant many pit stops to the toilet before I actually got to the shop. The excitement wouldn't wear off till I got home.

There were so many different people that came to place an order and take away their little packs of yummy goodies. A few familiar faces came along, they were caught by surprise to see me on the other side of the counter. There was a lady who came along, someone I hadn't expected to come in, order from me. This family had threatened mine onces upon a time and I felt uneasy at first, but I decided I wasn't the person they had tried to scare, I was the smiling, friendly person with my "training wheels", as I put it. I smiled, was friendly and gave her the best service I possibly could.

It was just a small gesture, however I thoroughly enjoyed connecting with this lady on a different level, in a different social scenario, and most without the emotions that should have stopped me from giving the best customer service.

I guess it goes to show that a mind manipulates how the body will react, no matter what situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment