Sunday 26 August 2018

Fairy-ness!



Ricky at his fairy
 teapot best!
Another week goes by and it's gone by too fast! The weekend came and went with its only event holding us for the two days, with it's crazy, fun excitement of being dressed up as fairies!

The Fairy Utopia event held at the local R.S.L. here in my fair town of Logan Village, attempted to break the Guinness Book of Records by having over one thousand people dressed in costume. As Gucci is my main girl, I asked if she would be included in the count had she been dressed in the appropriate garb of wings, tutu and wand, the answer, both from the organiser and the officials, sadly, were no. Fair is fairy, she's only human in our eyes.

Being that we have had an amazingly hilarious history of being super late to local events, sometimes by an hour, other only a few minutes, I sent Ricky down early to drop off our equipment, marquee, tables and goodies.  I was at home still trying to wake myself up from a ridiculous dream where I was back in the 90's talking to a record company exec who wore a bad olive green suit with big shoulder pads and cheesy green that showed all his teeth. This dream left me feeling like I was going to be famous for being a singer, I signed a record contract and anyone who's heard me belt out a tune would attest to the fact that my skills are not matched by my perceived or imagined ability.
Although our stall looked very flat,
 we had a lot of people come in and admire our work. 

Set up wasn't as big of chore as last weekend, we weren't fighting the winds, although prayed for clear skies as it had rained the night before. We had learnt our lesson and decided that even if there was a chance of any wind, we'd be leaving our necklace stands at home and have the jewellery pieces sit flat.

Ricky's tutu ended up on
my head as a broken fairy tutu
I got my music going on my phone, some Blues and Roots, readying ourselves for Mitchell Creek which is only a month away, and bopped along, full of energy setting up and making our stall presentable. Our preparations were surely lacking on Saturday! We didn't have any float, we didn't have some of our equipment or stock, we had no food or water with us. If there were some important things that needed to happen they weren't gonna happen that morning. Ricky flew home grabbed what he could remember including some snacks and water and came back, but not before I had already made our first sale.

The costumes were amazing, ours was a last minute strewn together mismatch of wings, tutus and poor excuses for wands. I am now vowing to make more of an effort next year.

This captures the mood of the day!
We shared the day with the beautiful Larissa of Ayur Boho Health & Wellbeing and her amazing son Malakai. Larissa is an amazing reader, she is just so chilled, calm and her son is the exact same. We have been attending and sharing space since late last year. Ricky has been lucky enough to also get his tarot cards read by Larissa. Her table is always busy with clients who need her services. Big hugs to this gorgeous lady for allowing us to share the space with her and getting to know her son. We'll show you how to make those wire wrap necklaces next time Malakai.

The day went quite quickly. The breeze cooled the air, the sun started to give into the shadows and the trees became tall watchman over the fairy folk as we all started to pack up our belongings and make the trek home. Ricky and I had decided that we needed sustenance in a hurry and because  I had mentioned sushi earlier in the day, Ricky wanted to go to our fave sushi spot.

Selfies when a table causes separation,
is a lot harder than it looks. 
With our car loaded with our market stall things we headed to sushi, almost to tired to peel myself off the front seat we headed into the Wara Sushi in Meadowbrook to feast on the delicious food. Mind you I had absent mindedly mentioned sushi as my pick for some back food, I think I was just wanting some seaweed salad ships. We ate so much food, I think I almost got stuck in our booth.

It was a nice way to end the day. Full, content and having shared laughter with amazing souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment