Monday 2 December 2013

2013, all and sundry.

It's been a while since I posted a blog. But it's almost the end of the year, and I feel that I need to just summarise what my life has been like of late.

So my last entry was in May, around the time I started my massage therapy course, which has been put on hold and fully enrolled to start in January again. I had quit the course, as I suffer from bad panic attacks and my focus wasn't 100% on learning as I also had my good friends, high anticipated, wedding in November, with dress hunting and get togethers along the way. I also felt harassed by two older ladies in the course, who, in my opinion, seem to want to push their own doctrine on me, and didn't want to try and understand anyone elses way of thinking. My thoughts on that are, "Let people enjoy their own journey to spirituality. You can't push them forward to where you are.You can't make hold them back, waiting for you to catch up."

I, most likely, respond with either back off from people or pounce on those who are seemingly attacking me, I took the back off from the whole group of people. I have kept my distance until recently, when I've gone back and enjoyed a couple of free massage treatments, which I needed. I started to feel a little jumpy when I first went back, however, I talked with one of my old lecturers there and felt at home again. My nerves eventually left and I decided I need to go back no if 's or but's! I start again the week after Australia day long weekend. I can't wait, I've been practicing and enjoying treating my family. Learning more is just going to be so much fun.

My friends wedding was perfect! She looked amazing and I cried a little. I've known Heather since 1995, we shared a few classes together during high school, but it was only our after university class hijinks that allowed us to develop an amazing friendship. I was previliged enough to be asked to be one of her bridesmaids, and I made awful faces when people took photos and I have to stop doing that! The views during the ceremony, a little look out atop one of the mountains on the O'reilly's retreat. It was breath taking.


As you can see the views were spectacular, but nothing could take away from the beautiful bride.The cover of our page on facebook is this particular photo. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Fire-Northern-Ice/160394180732624

The wedding has been and gone, the bride and groom enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon.

Now it's time to put the focus back on two of my loves, spiritual work and learning.  I've began performing our free readings, and thoroughly enjoying the experience again. I had gotten a little disheartened after hearing from some clients that there were likers on the page who had been trying to spread lies about us. At the time, people hadn't realised that we also have a life beyond what is posted on our page and that my husband works full time plus over time hours that are needed. There were nasty messages being posted by a particular liker and after a long day at work or school, it left us with little sympathy to want to give away any free readings.

Our fans, friends and family are wonderful. We like being a little different. We're not perfect, far, far, far from it. We concede that we offer or plan to offer free readings, but due to circumstances out of our control we can't always follow through and we usually give everyone a heads up. We have a sense of humour about our spiritual work. We understand that not everyone knows everything about spirituality, psychic readings, and the big news is that we don't know everything either!

In essence, it's a learning period for us. And I highly believe that the key to experience is to gain knowledge and use that knowledge to help others out there and allow them to gain from your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment