Friday 18 May 2012

Transformation.

I'm slowly making head way with transforming the "cat room" into a livable room, human friendly and most of all, with windows and no cat related things inside. I'm starting by giving away my neglected things, clothing that hasn't been worn in so very, very, long and other times that should be appreciated by another person and not go to waste just sitting in the cupboard or wardrobe. 

My next step is to pack everything that will be kept and and remove the futon frame and place it in the lounge room, where, surprise, surprise, it'll be used as a futon again instead of a dumping ground for things that no longer belong in my life. 

I am finding this whole process to be quite therapeutic. Purging my material possessions is quite freeing, it's like any emotional attachments that came with that item get sent away with them. 

I've often bragged that I get everything I want, but only now do I realise that it's not very healthy to have it all and still be left wanting more. There is a void I'm trying to fill with objects, possession, dogs and cats and it seems to not be quenched by any of the above. 

So I'm decluttering and I'm hoping that, through this process, I find out more about what I need rather than what I would like to have or own. I want to be a person who is surmised by the quantifiable actions of my heart and not the quantifiable collection of material wealth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment